There are students at Mundaring Christian College with food allergies, some of which can be life-threatening.
While we do not 'ban' items that students may be allergic to, we do want all students to be in a safe environment. With that in mind, please note the following important information:
- Always take food allergies seriously – severe allergies are no joke;
- Students should not share food with friends who have food allergies or pressure them to eat food that they are allergic to;
- Students should always wash their hands before and after eating;
- Students should know what their friends are allergic to;
- If a schoolmate becomes sick, get help immediately; and
- Be respectful of a schoolmate’s medical kit.
Nuts and nut products can be of particular harm to allergic students, and should be avoided at school.