Fruit & Veg September is here!
It is a great time to crunch on juicy cucumber, sweet strawberries or cook up yummy pumpkin. Aim for two serves of fruit and five serves of veg every day for good health.
During each week in September, we will be posting recipes and ideas on how we can add a few extra serves of fruit and veg to your day in an easy and fun way.
Fruit & Veg September Week 1 Ideas
1. Top your cereal with a sliced banana.
2. Set a good example for children by eating fruit every day with meals or as snacks.
3. When shopping, pick out a new fruit to try later at home.
4. Always have cut-up veggies in the refrigerator for a quick and easy snack. Try carrot, celery sticks, broccoli florets, cucumber slices, or capsicum strips.
5. Use veggies to extend meat and add extra flavour and texture to stews, curries, casseroles and sauces.