We are currently in final negotiations with the preferred tender. They are very positive about the job, admire the design and consider that our timelines are very realistic. Work will be starting in October. It will be good to see some ground finally being broken. It has been quite a road we’ve travelled to get to this point.
1) Obtaining permission from the Department of Education for the extension of our College to Year 12, which involved consultation with surrounding schools and providing market research supporting the need for our new campus in this region.
2) Developing the design of the College in conjunction with Architects and expert consultants. The design is highly regarded and involves the unique opportunity to build a framework around teaching and learning practice that will be relevant and engaging to provide students with the foundations they will need to succeed and live life well into an exciting future.
3) Working with our enthusiastic and very professional teachers on the design and equipping of specialist areas and the pedagogy necessary to develop teaching and learning ideal for our new digs.
4) Working through the disappointment of having our Development Application initially rejected by the Shire and finally arriving at a unanimous support from the Shire for our Parkerville Campus.
5) Finalising the tender process and beginning the building phase.
Now it’s time for the real work to begin. With every endeavour there is often much more done out of the public eye before concrete (pardon the pun) results appear. I would like to thank parents for their continued support throughout this process. Swan Christian Education Association’s commitment of millions of dollars to buy land and build this campus comes out of your love for our College and desire for your children to continue and complete their education at Mundaring Christian College.
To view the plan click here
Rod McNeill. Principal