These helpful tips will ensure a safe trip when waiting for, riding on and exiting the school bus. Please remember that our bus services are full and make room for all students requiring a seat.
Waiting for the School Bus
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes early.
- Stay off the road while waiting for the bus.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before moving toward the school bus to go on board.
- Greet the driver and say hello.
Being Safe and Courteous while on the Bus
- Follow the bus rules while riding the bus.
- While riding the bus, stay seated and facing forward.
- NO Food is to be consumed on the bus.
- Keep legs and feet in front of you and never stick your arms or head out of the bus window.
- Where possible, always remain seated while the bus is moving. If you are required to move forward while bus is moving, please use hand holds on bus seats to maintain balance.
- Keep the school bus aisles clear. Place backpacks under the seat or on your laps, not on the seat beside you.
- Notify the driver when your stop approaches by standing and walking to the front of the bus.
- Be courteous to the bus driver and other students.
- Do not distract the driver by shouting or yelling.
Exiting the School Bus
- Thank the driver for your ride.
- Step away from the bus once you exit the bus.
- Walk well in front of the school bus so the driver can see you.
- Look LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT to see the traffic.
- Make eye contact with the bus driver and wait for his signal before crossing in front of the bus.
- DO NOT pick up anything that falls under the bus. Tell the driver if you drop anything.
- NEVER walk behind the school bus.
If you have any issues or concerns, please notify the Bus Driver immediat ely or contact the College with the details.